Saturday, January 3, 2009

The 2009 begins...

Rosanna makes a delicious dinner for the end of 2008: lentils soup, american turkey, potatoes and a marvelous chocolate cake. Also the little Paola waited for midnight and then we all sleeped as babies into the house deep into the forest...
For the first of 2009 we have a pancakes breakfast and then we drived to the Wilder Ranch park to walk with the children and eventually we had a pic-nic in a nice sunny afternoon.

In the 2nd me and Barbara drived (I should say that only Barbara drived because I forgot my driving licence in Italy) the car of Rosanna to Oakland and stopped at the California Canoe & Kayak shop, where we started to talk with the owner, Keith Miller, who called quickly Fran Sticha (in the picture from left: Keith, me, Fran). She escaped from her work and reached us in few minutes. I purchased some good equipment and then we had a marvelous lunch with crab, clam and mussel shells. Fran, who visited us in Sicily the last year and paddled a couple of hours with me, drived us to the world famous Berkley University in which she works.
With Barbara we had only one hour to visit the huge university but it was enough to have an idea. Then we drived through the Berkley bridge to San Francisco by night and reached Pescadero before dinner to embrace our little Paola.
An unforgettable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment