I have always been reluctant on using sit-on-tops for the kayak school but after a one month test at our base in Sampieri I have to admit that there are some interesting things to point out about the sit-on-top:
- it is the perfect boat for a total beginner, he will not be scared of capsizing;
- good way to start a course, before to put a pupil into a sea kayak cockpit;
- with a good hull and lenght it is fast enough for a couple of hours paddling;
- great stuff if you just want to go out for snorkeling;
- the owner of the SOT will not be concerned about the wet exit skills of the paddler;
- easy way to teach paddling technics to the children;
- a lot of fun if you want to ride the waves with one of this boats!
Here some pictures and more will come soon!